Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This chart is an attempted illustration of the amount of cloudiness that existed at a METAR site for a given month. The chart combines reports of cloud amount and level to provide a visual representation of the cloudiness. Once the METAR site hits a cloud level of overcast, it can no longer sense clouds above that level. So while the chart will indicate cloudiness up to the top, it may not have been like that in reality.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 3 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 09 Jan 2023: Fog and Clear Skies?
- 15 Jul 2022: July Clouds and Visibilities
- 01 Mar 2021: February Clouds + Vis
- 30 Jan 2020: Recency Bias
- 30 Apr 2019: April Clouds + Visibility
- 21 May 2018: May Clouds
- 31 Jan 2017: January Clouds
- 29 Jun 2016: Plenty of June Sunshine
- 09 Apr 2015: April Clouds
- 11 Dec 2014: Clouds this December