Drought Monitoring Products
Current Drought Monitor:
The US Drought Monitor website is a wonderful resource for drought information.
IEM Relevant Autoplots Apps
The "IEM Autoplot" applications are dynamically generated plots that also offer the raw data behind the plot as well.
- Gridded Precip Estimates/Departures (#84)
- Station Precip Estimates/Departures (#97)
- Station Trailing Days Timeseries (#142)
- US Drought Monitor Time Duration Maps (#194)
- Drought Blends [CPC]
Soil Moisture Status:
Ground Water Status:
Water Year (October 1 - Today)
The "Water Year" is typically defined to start on October 1rst and represents the time when new water received goes to help the next year's growing season.
Generate More Plots Like this
- This month's rainfall [CPC]
- This month's rainfall anomaly [CPC]
- Interactive Maps of Departures
Recommended Excellent website providing summaries of precip and US Drought Monitor status.
- Standardized Precipitation Index [WRCC]
- Evaporative Demand Drought Index (EDDI)
- Global Integrated Drought Monitoring and Prediction System
- PNA trends [CDC]
Please contact us if you have links you would like added on this page.