Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot compares the month to date average temperature of this month against any previous month of your choice. The plot then contains this month's to date average temperature along with the scenarios of the remaining days for this month from each of the past years. These scenarios provide a good approximation of what is possible for the remainder of the month.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 18 Nov 2023: Won't be Warmest November
- 09 May 2023: Catching May 1934
- 09 Jun 2021: Beating June 1934
- 24 Sep 2019: Beating Last Month
- 23 May 2018: Besting May 1934
- 14 Feb 2017: Beating February 1954
- 16 Jun 2016: Beating June 1933
- 18 Mar 2016: Beating March 2012
- 11 Dec 2015: Beating December 1889
- 28 Aug 2015: Won't top July
- 29 Dec 2014: Besting November
- 10 Dec 2014: Scenarios for December