Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents the time series of trailing X number of day departures evaluated every Y days forward in time. The departures are expressed in terms of standard deviation (sigma) by comparing the current period against the same period of dates back through the period of record. The evaluation points are connected by arrows to express the evolution of the departures. Since the plot is bounded by physical processes, the plot tends to cycle. In economics, a classic comparable plot to this one is of suply vs demand.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 08 Nov 2023: Meandering Around
- 14 Oct 2022: Cycling on the Dry Side
- 10 Feb 2021: Headed Back Left
- 05 Nov 2019: Recent Extremes
- 20 Mar 2019: This Winter
- 09 Aug 2018: Mostly on Warm Side
- 10 May 2017: Cold Side of Chart
- 18 Nov 2015: Warm Side
- 08 Sep 2014: Cycling Around
- 26 Jun 2014: Wet Period in Cycle
- 06 Mar 2014: Temps below average
- 04 Sep 2013: Stuck with dry aridity
- 23 Apr 2013: Weather Phases