Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents the yearly first or last date of a given high or low temperature along with the number of days that year above/below the threshold along with the cumulative distribution function for the first date! When you select a low temperature option, the season displayed in the chart and available download spreadsheet represents the start year of the winter season. Rewording, the year 2016 would represent the period of 1 July 2016 to 30 Jun 2017.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 20 Oct 2022: Earliest Low of 16
- 10 Mar 2021: Two Weeks Early for 70+
- 11 Dec 2020: Late in Year for 60
- 25 Feb 2020: First 64
- 09 Apr 2019: Little Early for 80
- 23 Apr 2018: Late for First 70+
- 09 Jun 2017: Reaching 95+
- 08 Mar 2017: Early 80
- 08 Dec 2016: First Frozen Date
- 31 Oct 2016: Last 80+?
- 06 Jun 2016: First 90 and days over
- 10 Mar 2016: Earliest for 80
- 29 Feb 2016: Early for 70
- 05 Jan 2016: First Sub Zero
- 03 Nov 2015: Average Last 70
- 29 Sep 2015: Last 80?
- 27 May 2015: Waiting for 90
- 28 Aug 2014: Last and Days over 90