Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This chart displays either the first or last date of the winter season with a snowfall of a given intensity. The snowfall and snow depth data is not of great quality, so please be careful with this plot.
For a `Trace` snowfall event to count, the coincident low temperature needs to be below 40F. This is to help filter out hail events.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 27 Oct 2023: Des Moines First Snowfall
- 07 Dec 2022: Cedar Rapids First Snowfall
- 19 Apr 2021: Last Measurable Snowfall
- 29 Oct 2019: First Trace of Snowfall
- 23 Apr 2019: Done with snowfall?
- 17 Oct 2018: First Snowfall of Season
- 13 Dec 2017: Waiting for first inch
- 11 Apr 2016: Last Trace
- 20 Nov 2015: First Measurable Snowfall
- 26 Oct 2015: First Inch Snowfall
- 03 Mar 2015: Last 1+ Inch of Snow