Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This application generates charts of 1 minute interval ASOS data, where available. It presently lists all ASOS sites without limiting them to which the IEM has data for, sorry. You can only select up to 5 days worth of data at this time. Any reported 1 minute precipitation value over 0.50 inches is omitted as bad data.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 4 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 07 Aug 2023: Burlington Intense Rainfall
- 17 Jul 2023: Intense Ames Rainfall
- 27 Jun 2022: Cedar Rapids Record Rainfall
- 02 May 2022: 3 AM Heat Burst
- 14 Aug 2020: 75 MPH Gust
- 15 Aug 2016: 20 inches in Two Days
- 23 May 2014: Quick Three Inches
- 27 Jul 2013: Oklahoma City Extreme Rainfall Rate
- 26 May 2013: San Antonio Extreme Rainfall
- 06 Aug 2012: 2.38 inches in 26 minutes
- 25 May 2012: Heavy rainfall for Miami
- 16 Apr 2012: Intense April Rainfall
- 10 Sep 2011: Binghamton's Record Rainfall
- 16 Aug 2011: JFK's Record Rainfall
- 29 Jul 2011: Dubuque's Record Rainfall
- 25 Jul 2011: Chicago's Record Rainfall