Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This chart displays the number of hourly observations each month that reported measurable precipitation. Sites are able to report trace amounts, but those reports are not considered in hopes of making the long term climatology comparable.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 4 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 20 Jul 2023: Lacking Precip Hours
- 01 Oct 2021: Low Precipitation Hours
- 23 Apr 2020: April Precip Hours
- 06 Sep 2018: September Precip Hours
- 01 Mar 2018: February Precip Hours
- 21 Jun 2016: Just Five Hours this June
- 24 Dec 2015: December Precip Hours
- 29 May 2015: Monthly Precip Hours
- 19 Sep 2014: Monthly Hours of Precip
- 18 Sep 2013: Precip Hours