Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot presents a time series of areal coverage of United States Drought Monitor for a given state of your choice. This plot uses a JSON data service provided by the Drought Monitor website.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 3 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 20 Oct 2023: Goodbye D4
- 21 Sep 2023: Iowa's Largest D4
- 13 Oct 2022: Drought covering Iowa
- 01 Jul 2022: D3 Drought Returns
- 08 Nov 2021: Goodbye D2
- 06 Aug 2021: D3 Returns to Iowa
- 19 Mar 2021: CONUS Drought Coverage
- 09 Aug 2019: Drought Vacation Over
- 03 May 2019: Limited Drought Nationwide
- 12 Oct 2018: Little Drought Left
- 14 Jul 2017: Increasing D1 Drought
- 24 Jun 2016: Worsening Drought
- 20 Mar 2015: Drought Timeseries
- 26 Jul 2013: Drought creeps back
- 28 Sep 2012: Still no improvement
- 10 Sep 2012: D4 appears
- 10 Aug 2012: Extreme Drought
- 08 Jun 2012: Drought coverage