Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:Using long term data, five precipitation bins are constructed such that each bin contributes 20% to the annual precipitation total. Using these 5 bins, an individual year's worth of data is compared. With this comparison, you can say that one's years worth of departures can be explained by these differences in precipitation bins.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 2 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 03 Mar 2023: 2023 Big Precipitation Events
- 02 Jun 2021: 2021 Precip Contributions
- 27 Apr 2020: 2020 Precip Bins
- 03 Oct 2018: Many Heavy Rainfalls
- 27 Jul 2017: 2017 Precipitation Bins
- 08 Jun 2016: Missing Heavy Rainfall
- 11 May 2015: Precipitation Bins
- 03 Sep 2014: Precip Bins
- 02 Jan 2013: Missing Precipitation