Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This plot displays the period of consecutive days each year with the extreme criterion meet. In the case of a tie, the first period of the season is used for the analysis. For a season to count within the analysis, it must have had at least 200 days with data.
The dew point option only works for ASOS networks and does a simple arthimetic mean of dew point temperatures.
Note that the coldest and warmest feels like temperature values are averages of the daily minimum or maximum values, not an average of an average feels like temperature. This is why we can't have nice things.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 4 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 25 Sep 2023: Wettest Day in September
- 28 Jul 2023: Miserable 3 Day Stretch
- 04 Nov 2022: Max Rainfall in November
- 03 Aug 2022: Peak Dew Point
- 25 Oct 2021: Wettest Day
- 27 Jul 2021: Warmest Seven Days
- 18 Feb 2021: Coldest Ten Days
- 12 Sep 2020: Wettest Seven Day Period
- 25 Aug 2020: Warmest Five Days
- 25 Jul 2019: Warmer than last week?
- 08 Jan 2018: Coldest Eight Days for Lows
- 26 Sep 2017: Latest Warmest Stretch of the Year
- 20 Dec 2016: Coldest Low of Winter
- 19 Jul 2016: Warmest Three Day Period
- 07 Jan 2016: Coldest 7 Days
- 28 Jun 2011: Warmer weather to come?