Automated Data Plotter
This application dynamically generates many types of graphs. These graphs are derived from processing of various data sources done by the IEM. Please feel free to use these generated graphics in whatever way you wish. Reset App. The IEM Explorer application offers a simplified frontend to some of these autoplots.
Second, select specific chart options::
Plot Description:This table presents the extreme hourly value of some variable of your choice based on available observations maintained by the IEM. Sadly, this app will likely point out some bad data points as such points tend to be obvious at extremes. If you contact us to point out troubles, we'll certainly attempt to fix the archive to remove the bad data points.
For non-precipitation reports, observations are arbitrarly bumped 10 minutes into the future to place the near to top of the hour obs on that hour. For example, a 9:53 AM observation becomes the ob for 10 AM.
Based on a sampling of recent timings for this application, plot generation time has averaged 16 seconds. Hold on for the plot is generating now!
View Data (as csv) Download as Excel
IEM Daily Features using this plot
The IEM Daily Features found on this website often utilize plots found on this application. Here is a listing of features referencing this plot type.
- 25 Oct 2023: Warm for Late October
- 25 Oct 2022: Warm October Morning
- 04 Aug 2022: August Hourly Records
- 27 Jul 2022: St Louis Deluge
- 12 May 2022: Max May Dew Points
- 16 Dec 2021: December Hourly Temp Records
- 20 Jul 2020: Hot Sunday Morning
- 31 Jan 2019: Didn't beat -64
- 10 Oct 2018: Extreme October Dew Points
- 09 Jul 2018: July Pressure Records
- 20 Feb 2017: Setting February Records
- 18 Oct 2016: October Dew Point Records
- 29 Jul 2016: Hourly Dew Point Extremes